Hampshire Police would like to remind residents that vehicle crime is on the increase in Hampshire.
Police would like vehicle owners to take the following steps to reduce their chance of being targeted:
• When you leave your vehicle make sure the doors of your vehicle are locked and the windows and sunroof are shut, no matter how hot the weather is.
• If possible, park your vehicle in a busy area. If you have a garage, use it.
• Do not leave anything in your vehicle, including the boot. A jacket or coat left behind may be of very little value to you, but a thief may think it has been used to hide a laptop or handbag and will break into your vehicle to find out.
• If you have a removable music system, take it with you.
• Make sure you do not leave documents which have your name on in your vehicle.
• Do not leave your sat-nav in your vehicle and don’t forget to remove the cradle and wipe the suction marks from your windscreen.