After 12 months of consultation working with residents, businesses, schools and community groups across Andover, the town now has a document which will set out how Andover will become an even better place to live over the next 20 years.
Around 70 stakeholders and supporters have been invited to the launch of the new Andover Vision on Saturday April 8.Test Valley Borough Council have helped facilitate and bring it together but they are just one of the partners involved in the project.
Councillor Phil North said: "It is a real privilege to chair the renewed Andover Vision project, which has brought together a wide variety of community groups, organisations and businesses to shape our ambitions for the future of Andover.
“As part of the consultation, we spoke to over 1500 people, including 360 schoolchildren. Working with 40 stakeholders, we developed five ambitions for the Andover Vision and each one has a set of big ideas describing what we will work on together to help Andover fulfil its potential. It is about the wishes, aspirations and dreams of the people of Andover and also about inspiring pride in our town”
The five ambitions are;
1. Being part of a connected community – a connected Andover that inspires pride, celebrates diversity and is a community where everyone is welcome and wants to join in.
2. Having a great green environment – an Andover that enhances its green and recreational spaces and nurtures its natural environment
3. Being part of a thriving town centre – an Andover town centre that offers a unique experience and showcases its retail, leisure and heritage offer from day into evening.
4. Supporting business, jobs and skills in the town - an enterprising Andover which builds on its great location and which encourages business and new talent to start, grow and flourish
5. Access to great health – an Andover where people live well and are able to make good lifestyle choices, with access to high quality facilities, support and information.
Following the launch, the partnership will work on the projects through its action plan. The document will also be used as a basis on which to attract funding and new opportunities to the town as well as encouraging partners to use it to guide their future policies and strategies relating to Andover.
The previous Andover Vision delivered a great deal over the last ten years, including a new theatre, cinema and college, Andover Business Park, and an annual programme of town fairs and markets.