Following the closure of the entry & nomination period on Friday 11th May, the TVBA Steering Committee has reported the highest level of entries in the 14 year history of the awards.
Reaching more than 200 entries across the Awards’ six categories, this year’s Test Valley Business Awards is by far the most popular yet; exceeding even last year’s best-ever number.
Test Valley businesses had the opportunity to enter any of six varied categories:
• Innovation & Technology Award – sponsored by The University of Southampton Science Park
• New Business of the Year Award – sponsored by Test Valley Borough Council
• Doing Business Locally Award – sponsored by Taylored IT
• Small Business of the Year Award – sponsored by Wilkins Kennedy
• Employer of the Year Award – sponsored by Simplyhealth
• Businesswoman of the Year Award
Sophie Porter of the Test Valley Business Awards Steering Committee, commented on this year’s entries:
“We’re delighted to have received so many entries this year, and of such a high quality. Thank you to everyone who nominated a business, entered their own business, and encouraged others to do so!”
Between 25th May and 2nd July, this year’s 6 Gold Sponsors will judge the entries in their particular award category; having the difficult job of picking their finalists.
Now in its 14th year, the Test Valley Business Awards – run by a steering group of volunteers – has become a well-established platform to champion business excellence. It is a great way of shining a light particularly on the many new and small businesses in the region, all doing interesting and valuable work, but often out of sight.