Recycle your Christmas tree and help the borough bloom!
Recycle your real Christmas trees and help the borough bloom in 2018.
That’s the message from Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council which has 22 local sites now open for residents to drop off their trees – which will then be transformed into ProGrow soil conditioner for local gardens and wood chippings for the borough’s parks.
You can take your festive firs to any one of the locations below until Sunday 28 January 2018:
• Basingstoke Town Centre, War Memorial Park (Crossborough Hill car park)
• Basingstoke, B & Q, Winchester Road
• Basingstoke, Bunnings (previously Homebase), Winchester Road
• Brighton Hill, Gershwin Road, Sports Pavilion
• Burghclere, Harts Lane, Sports club car park
• Eastrop, Eastrop Park (Boat House car park)
• Hatch Warren, Community Centre, Long Cross Lane
• Headley, Darling Buds of May, Newbury Road
• Kingsclere, Fieldgate Centre
• Lasham, Avenue Nurseries Garden Centre, The Avenue
• North Waltham, Wyevale Garden Centre
• Oakley, Oakley Lane (school lay-by)
• Oakridge, Upper Sherborne Road playing fields
• Overton, Overton Hill car park
• Pamber End, Elm Park Garden Centre, Aldermaston Road
• Popley, Carpenters Down Open Space
• Sherfield on Loddon, Wyevale Garden Centre
• Silchester, The Pavilion car park
• South Ham, Russell Howard car park
• Tadley, Hangar Road (parking bays near Wigmore Road)
• Whitchurch, Winchester Road car park
• Winklebury, Winklebury Way playing field
Alternatively, you can take your tree to the Household Waste Recycling Centre on Wade Road anytime between 9am and 4pm.
Cabinet Member for Communities and the Environment Cllr Hayley Eachus said: “Now the festivities are over, please dispose of your real Christmas tree at one of the many locations across the borough where they are turned into soil conditioner which will help our gardens and parks to bloom.”
For further information please contact the council on 01256 844844 or visit www.basingstoke.gov.uk/christmas-tree